removing net passport from computer im selling

The GnoMe 21:22 31 Mar 2004

hi all just sold my compter and the lady is coming to pick it up tommorow
i have backed everything up and deleted it all so she is left with a clean computer, but my windows messenger is still signing in how can i remove my old net passport from the computer to make a clean break of it and when i get my laptop i can just re download it to there
hope you know what i mean

running win xp pro

cheers

Diodorus Siculus 22:18 31 Mar 2004

Not certain of this, but deleting cookies, temp internet files etc would be a start (which I presume you have done).

Then go into internet explorer, tools, options and clear anything there under forms, passwords and so on.

Other than that, I am not sure what can be done.

toadoftoadhall 22:33 31 Mar 2004

If it were my computer, I would be tempted to format the hard drive and re-install Windows...

woodchip 22:40 31 Mar 2004

Try this go to start\run type regedit go to EDIT INTHE MENU click find and type your password to see if it can find it, if it does click delete then press F3 to go to next Reg entry and so on, untill you get to the end of reg

Amyfa 22:44 31 Mar 2004

Type "control userpasswords2" without the quotes in the run command then advance, manage passwords and you can delete all accounts.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:49 31 Mar 2004

I think most are cookies on your pc with password and login info in them,and a copy on the MSN server to ID you when u sign in if you delete these and your name/password out of MSN it shouldnt sign u in again until you refill the username and password fields.Make sure all the boxes are unticked regarding save my details.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017