Removing multiple copies of files

TATHS 14:30 08 Jan 2011

I recently upgraded to a Win7 machine with two hard drives C & D. I set up a virtual machine running XP to enable me to stay with Outlook Express while I got used to Win 7. This is on the C drive, along with all my program files.
I copied all the data folders and their files from my old machine over to the D drive and, so I thought, just a few to the C drive. I copied much more than I intended to the C drive and also managed to save data to these folders while learning my way round Win7.
I attempted to simply move the extra data from C to D but have ended up with multiple copies of the same files spread over various folders.
Is there any easy way within Win 7, or a not too expensive program, that will enable me to identify all the duplicate files as a first step in eliminating duplicates.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:41 08 Jan 2011

Dupelocator

click here

TATHS 13:54 09 Jan 2011

Thanks - it turned out I had over 1000 files duplicated across four folders and 12 subfolders I used Dupelocator and have managed to rationalise the system, getting rid id nearly all the duplicates. Took a couple of hours though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017