Removing Mesh logo from wallpaper

ray27 19:11 25 Jul 2003

I have had my problems with Mesh.
Much to my annoyance they have seen fit to insert their logo on all of the desk top pictures in Windows XP Home.

Now if I wish to use one of these pictures, some of them I really like, I have to put up with the Mesh Logo in the top quarter of the desk top.
Is there a way of deleting the logo?
If there isn?t then I think it is inexcusable of them to do this without Microsoft?s or my permission.
Thanks for any advice
Ray

bennyc 19:19 25 Jul 2003

The only way you can do this is by replacing the files with companies that don't do this.

barrie_g 19:35 25 Jul 2003

If you go to c/windows/web/wallpaper you will be able to see if Mesh have truely added their logo to the wallpaper or if they are super-imposing it somehow if they have altered the wallpaper you will have to replace the files.

If on the other hand they are super-imposing the logo you will need to find out how they are doing this and then delete the file.

A good start will be if you do a search of your computer for "Mesh" and see what this turns up.

pj123 19:53 25 Jul 2003

The picture should be a .bmp located in C:\Windows folder. If you have a Graphics Editor like paint shop pro or photoshop why not open it in one of these and paint the offending logo out? You could even put your own name in its place if you wanted to.

john-232317 20:27 25 Jul 2003

Try this click here

Download pics as wallpaper and screensaver for free. John

Sir Radfordin 21:08 25 Jul 2003

Mesh aren't the only supplier to do this, and like you was a tad annoyed to find they had. However when I rebuilt my PC I found that the XP disk they had sent had the real thing and not their doctored images on so may be worth looking for them.

Consindering the problems the beeps have given you I would steer well clear of webshots as suggested by dayassa.

john-232317 21:52 25 Jul 2003

No beeps included, just profesional photos, take a look...

rubella 22:16 25 Jul 2003

wallpaper goldmine. fill ya boots: click here

ray27 09:57 26 Jul 2003

Thanks for the tip Sir Radfordin
And many thanks for all the other tips and advice
cheers Ray

Sir Radfordin 11:35 26 Jul 2003

The bit about beeps was in reference to another post of ray27.

Webshots is 99% of the time a bad idea. It uses PC resources and is always trying to phone home to get more photos using up bandwidth. Its caused so much hassle we've barred access to their sites at work.

john-232317 23:22 26 Jul 2003

I have had no trouble at all, just download a couple of pics now and again.dont know about phoning home, cos if i am downloading i am already at their home ??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache