Removing a Legacy Raid1 Configuration .

Caskstrength60 13:46 20 Oct 2007

I've searched all over for information about removing a legacy raid 1 configuration from my Computer and haven't been able to find anything . I want to revert back to just the one disk using the other as storage .
I have a ECS KN1 SLI Extreme Board , the raid is on the onboard Sil3132 RAID controller (2 matching 240GB disks ) . It is managed by the Sataraid5 programme .
How do i go about getting rid of it ? Is there a set of instructions anybody knows about as the Silicon pdf doesn't explain at all .
Do i Delete the legacy Raid group in the sataraid5 ? uninstall that software ? change the settings in the Bios ? do i disable the Sil3132 RAID controller somehow ?
Your help is most appreciated .
Thanks in advance .
Gordon

Caskstrength60 13:49 20 Oct 2007

Forgot to add , will the Data be ok or will i need to re-install everything fresh on the seperated disk ?

I am Spartacus 13:51 20 Oct 2007

You'll lose the data. On mine (JMicron) I have a RAID Configurer and I just select the array and choose 'Remove RAID'.

Caskstrength60 09:13 21 Oct 2007

thought that would happen but does anyone have of know of a set of instructions for removing the Raid completely ?

Caskstrength60 11:25 21 Oct 2007

OK , sussed it out and it's done !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?