Removing Drive Image 7

blackjohn 11:23 22 Nov 2005

I am experiencing problems with running DI7. Therefore I thought I would uninstall and then reinstall afresh.

However when I try to remove via “Add/Remove” (from Control Panel; XP Professional) I get the following message, which appears in a “Windows Installer” box;---
‘The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable’

‘Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package “Drive Image 7.0 msi” in the box below’

In the box, headed USE SOURCE, there is the following:--
C\DOCUME~\XPUSER~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\_is3
I also tried to re-launch DI7, but a box, headed SEVERE the following message was displayed:--
‘You must uninstall the previous version before installing this version’

Any suggestions how to get out of this dilemma

blackjohn 20:31 24 Nov 2005

bump

VoG II 20:35 24 Nov 2005

Try running the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility click here;en-us;290301 then installing then uninstalling.

(the Cleanup Utility does not actually remove anything).

VoG II 20:35 24 Nov 2005

Sorry, click here

blackjohn 15:13 25 Nov 2005

cheers vog I'll give it a go over the weekend, and will get back to next Tuesday to let you know how i have got on

blackjohn 11:23 29 Nov 2005

VOG
Here is a sitrep on your suggestion, I installed Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

Power Quest Drive Image was listed, so I selected it and selected remove, and it was duly removed from the list.

BUT When when I went into “All Programs” it was still there and when I checked “Add/Remove Programmes in Control Panel it was no longer listed.

AND When I checked out Drive Image everything appears to be working correctly, including that I no longer get the original error message! Strange!!!!

So I think I will leave it alone, however I would like to hear if you have any comments on the above.

Other than there never seems to be anything logical about computers save that they work by ‘logic’

blackjohn 18:25 01 Dec 2005

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017