Removing Desktop (wallpaper)

bluerat 19:42 20 May 2003

please help as i am new to all this my prob. is that i have downloaded some wallpaper and it is showing it twice on the background chooser? and i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to delete one of them i am running a p.b with xp installed thanks

LAP 20:20 20 May 2003

Is the size of your wallpaper/picture to big? Sometimes if it is to big and set to 'tiled' you will get 2. Make sure 'centred' is selected.
if this doesn't work try and enter another wallpaper or picture by clicking on browse and select something from your own files. Double click this and apply it..Lap..

OneSirKnight 20:35 20 May 2003

just right click anywhere on your desktop "Not on an icon" choose properties from dropdown list/then select desktop tab/then you can select any frm the list by scrolling up or down,or even select none at the very top of the list

BLH 21:02 20 May 2003

If you want to remove one from the list -- try --
going to accessories open windows explorer - open the C: drive look for and single click on windows now look for the backgrounds. right click on the one you want and then click delete.
I think this will work.

cdb 21:32 20 May 2003

select stretch if centred still looks wrong.

bluerat 15:09 24 May 2003

i mabe did not explain my prob. correctly,but onesirknight has almost got it.when i follow his instructions i only get the w/paper that came installed and not the ones that i installed.
p.s. sorry i took so long to get back as i was working

Granger 16:01 24 May 2003

If you have the same picture in more than one format (eg JPG, BMP) each actual file may be listed. If you want to be sure, don't copy them into windows folders. Select "none" and check that's worked. Then put the file you want to use in the My Pictures folder, select it in Windows Explorer, and choose "Set as desktop background" using the windows task pane on the left.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?