Removing cached/indexed content from Google

trinigirl 12:36 23 Feb 2009

I made a website for my grandson when he was 12. It was hosted by Freeola.com free because it was part of their dial up offer. I asked Freeola to remove the site three years ago because I can no longer use dial up and also my grandson was being seriously teased at school because of the site (he is now 16) Freeola removed the site (you get a 404 if you use the old ULR) I still own the domain name for my grandson. However if you put my grandson's name into Google's search, it STILL comes up with one of the pages from the site. Every time I contact Google (which is NOT easy) they offer me a solution which is not possible for me. I cannot ask Freeola to remove content as they say they HAVE removed it and and I cannot use any of Google's webmaster tools as they only apply to a site that is on a server. My ftp information for the site no longer works as it was for dial up and I only have the facility to use broadband on my Mac G5. Meanwhile my poor grandson is really suffering! Can anyone help ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?