remove soft ware

toonfireman1746 09:52 18 Nov 2009

I have had problem,my anti virus bitdefender will not run, when i try to reload from disc it says I need to uninstall the other one first, I have tried do to this with the add/remove tool with no success, it comes up with fault path c;/windows\installer\bdis.msi
any ideas
thanks

Technotiger 09:56 18 Nov 2009

Try using click here

During the un-install process you may be asked if you want to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start at this point, let Revo continue. You will eventually get the option to Select All and to Delete - DO SO. You will be given the same options a second time, again DO SO, do not be picky, just accept all that Revo chooses.
After clicking on Finish, re-start your computer.

Bapou 09:58 18 Nov 2009

Try CCleaner click here

or, Revo Uninstaller click here

Both are free to use and capable of removing those stubborn programs which Add/Remove finds difficult.

woodchip 10:01 18 Nov 2009

Open Windows Explorer then look for the Folder that as the program start deleting things from bottom of list in folder until you can get as much out as possible Do a Search for the Program and delete what it lets you. After that go to Run Type Regedit press enter then click on the computer at the top left before going further, now click on Edit in the Menu click Find and Type down what you are looking for, this should be just as it is in Add Remove Delete what it finds after pressing enter the press F3 for Next Delete the F3 until you get to the end after try reloading the program. Print this off so you can follow it. do not touch anything else in Regedit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?