Remove RegCure and Shield Deluxe from registry

Awestruck 11:48 25 Oct 2009

I have tried every orthodox way of removing the rogue programs RegCure and Shield Deluxe from a client's computer without success. Using 'Regedit' and 'Find' I can see every entry for these nuisances but I need to know whether it is safe to right click and delete each entry.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:07 25 Oct 2009

Please stick to one thread on the same subject it gets most confusing for all.

Use CCleaner click here it will get rid of crap files and clean the registry and is very safe use the back up option before cleaning (I never do) if you want to be sure.

Awestruck 12:26 25 Oct 2009

So sorry fruitbat, I thought my thread here was about whether I could tinker with the registry safely. My other thread was about removing Shield Deluxe, but I did ramble on about scam ware in general.
If I might ramble a bit more, using a search engine to find instructions for removing scam programs results in hundreds of bogus solutions from the scamware outfits themselves. Surely the search engines could put a stop to this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:51 25 Oct 2009

Search engines are computers
Computers are dumb machines
Its people that all their computers to be infected by not running / updating protection.
That must mean people are dumb.

:0)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:54 25 Oct 2009

Yes you should be safe deleting the entries.

Awestruck 14:20 25 Oct 2009

Thank you, I will (with some trepidation) delete all the references to the scuware in the registry.
Of course search engines are robots, but robots can easily be programmed to reject certain items, for instance spam and virus filters. I put filters in my PHP form handlers to prevent low life using forms to send spam my website clients.
However, that is all by the way and I am sorry to have pestered you with irrelevant comments. Keep up the good work, you have helped me a great deal over the last year for which I am most greatful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?