remove programs?

podlod 15:04 29 Dec 2007

Hi, I am trying to uninstall a game from add or remove programs area but when I click to uninstall it just flickers and does nothing? I cant re-install as when I place the disc in to re-install the game comes on? I have tried to place in safe mode on starting the pc again using F8 but safe mode refuses to work for me?How can I uninstall the game, and why can I not uninstall by the area you are supposed to? thanks for any help.

Pine Man 15:21 29 Dec 2007

I suspect that the 'uninstall bit' is corrupt.

Try holding down the shift key when you insert the disc so that it doesn't autorun then see if you can re-install using the setup file via explorer.

podlod 15:55 29 Dec 2007

Hi pine, no my removal area is ok as I have uninstalled a few items today with no prob, and held shift when replacing disc but game just came on? I placed in the disc and tried to find setup.exe but could not find, any other ideas, its driving me mad!!!

sunny staines 16:01 29 Dec 2007

have you tried ccleaner.

mfletch 17:12 29 Dec 2007

Hi, If Ccleaner;s removal tool does not work,

Click start

Click my computer

Right click C drive

Click Explore

Click on program files

Right click on the program you want to remove and click on delete,

mfletch

podlod 09:23 31 Dec 2007

Hi staines, tried your way but it says it just deletes it from directory not remove prog area?
I have deleted every file from all drives concerning the game and see if that works, but I will now try your way mfletch, and let you know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017