remove programme problem

cravenbiker 16:26 01 Jun 2008

Hi @ All

I deleted a few unwanted ptogrammes from my pc last week and had a few probs. then i restored to a certain date.

The problem i have now is that I have a programmme that I tried to remove still showing as installed, then there is a small box showing in the middle of the screen that says that the same programme is trying to install.
When i try to remove the programme in the add/remove box it says that there is an installation already in progress, the small box now keeps flashing really quickly and i havnt got a clue how to get rid of it.

eedcam 16:35 01 Jun 2008

You may have to reinstall it to get rid off not uncommon

Halmer 16:42 01 Jun 2008

sometimes it is easier just to reinstall the program then uninstall again. Best to reboot the PC after each event to be doubly safe.

cravenbiker 16:47 01 Jun 2008

\Hi thanks for the responces but i no longer have the programme disc and it is £50 to buy a copy, plus im not sure exactly what version of the programme it is that is causing the problem, where can i find out what programm e it is that is causing the problem/ the small download box isnt coming up for long enough for me to see it.
I know it is a roxio copier programme but not sure which one.

spuds 16:48 01 Jun 2008

This problem can occasionally happen, and it could all depend on what type of programs you are trying to completely uninstall.Some programs can be more difficult to move than others.

Perhaps downloading Revo Uninstaller (google search) and try using that might help.

If you have CCleaner on your computer, you might be able to check and see if the programs are in that, if so, you could try and use the uninstaller in that.

Halmer 16:50 01 Jun 2008

in the run box

Under the start up tab is there anything showing that relates to the program that you are refering to?

spuds 16:54 01 Jun 2008

You might be able to find out what the program is, by using either or all SIW, Belarc, Everest,usually available from click here and/or click here
Haven't checked, but you might get Revo from either of these websites as well.

Halmer 16:56 01 Jun 2008

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?