Remove Microsoft Office

talyho 13:45 07 May 2007

I have microsoft XP Home on my desktop and tried to remove Microsoft Office from add & remove, it told me a file was missing from the registry and could not remove and to install the software which I do not have, since then every time I use my computer this box comes up saying,( please wait while windows configures microsoft office professional edition 3)this stops me doing anything although I click on cancel, please could anyone help me to get rid of office profssional.
Thanks in advance.

Technotiger 13:51 07 May 2007

Hi, run CCleaner click here and after that go to ccleaner's Tools and use the uninstall option there.

MAJ 13:58 07 May 2007

Try the Office Removal Wizard. click here

talyho 15:28 07 May 2007

Thank you both I will try your surgestions

woodchip 15:37 07 May 2007

Press Win key + E key then look for MSOFFICE and right click it and delete, You could do this using Search box. Then go to run Box from Start button, type in the Run Box Regedit press enter, go to Edit in the Menu, type in find Box MSOFFICE press enter then delete what it finds press F3 this takes you to next entry, You have to do this until you get to the end. Then use CCLEANER

woodchip 15:39 07 May 2007

In Regedit do not touch anything else or you may stop your computer from booting.

talyho 09:38 09 May 2007

I am sorry I have not replied but have been in Hospital family crisis, will try all the help sent me, Thankyou again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017