Remove Limewire

roza44 21:24 20 Dec 2008

I removed limewire in the add/remove programme. I then did a search and it's bringing up 3-4 limewire files still. When I try to delete them, it tells me they are in use by someone else and access is denied. Can any one please tell me how to get rid them. They are limewire.exe 144kb and limewire.jar 12.177kb and limewire.exe 58kb. Thanking you.

p;3 22:39 20 Dec 2008

Are you the only one who uses the computer and are you seeking to remove Limewire due to having gotten an infection from doing file- sharing ?

Have you yet seen/located the Limewire uninstaller on the computer?

roza44 22:46 20 Dec 2008

I am the only person who uses computer, I haven't seen an un unstaller, other than when i clicked on uninstall in the add/remove. I did get a virus from it a while back, had to have re-formatted, it's just that I hardly ever use it now.

john bunyan 23:23 20 Dec 2008

I would try deleting them in safe mode. Theoretically few programmes are running. Also try moving the files to the desktop then to the recycle bin. Worth a try.

roza44 23:45 20 Dec 2008

I tried doing that,but it only seemed to be the icons that moved to desk top, so I tried moving them to my documents,I then deleted them from there, but when i did search,they are still there. I even downloaded a programme for removing things, but of course they don't show up, only when I do search.

ambra4 13:00 21 Dec 2008

Forget Microsoft Add/Remove program as it leave files in the registry and on the hard

drive which causes problem uninstalling and reinstalling programs use this program

Revo Uninstaller to uninstall all programs

click here

If the windows request message to reboot appear DO NOT click the NO button Revo will

now search the registry and hard drive for any files that is left over and not required, just

click the Select All button and the Delete button if any left over files are found once the

“Finish” button appear you can than reboot the computer

john bunyan 16:46 21 Dec 2008

roxa 44. Did you drag the files? Try dragging to desktop then to recycle bin. I had to do this with a programme once but am not sure if it always works.

nosharpe 15:57 23 Dec 2008

use a program called hijackthis.exe
it removes all trace of a program, but use caution - do not select system programs otherwise you will have problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?