Remove Contacts Folder in Outlook 2003

douglas1973 19:21 05 Oct 2008

I removed a Contacts folder so that it won't be displayed in the Address Book. However, it is still displayed in the Address Book, and I get an error message that it can't be removed.
In Help it instructs one to:
Delete the Contacts folder from the Address Book by doing the following:
On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
Click View or change existing directories or address books, and then click Next.
Select Outlook Address Book, and then click Change.
Select the Contacts folder that you want to remove, and then click Remove Address Book.
Exit and restart Outlook.
After restarting Outlook I find that the Contacts folder is still there.
Can anyone help?

Woolwell 23:34 05 Oct 2008

I am not sure why you don't want the contacts folder to be in the address book. I find that with Outlook I don't use the address book. I think that your problem is that the address book is automatically created from the contacts folder click here

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

douglas1973 00:18 06 Oct 2008

Hi Woolwell,
I want to remove a particular Contacts folder. There is another one with the same name - one with addresses and the other with nothing. It is just a little inconvenient but I suppose I can live with it. Thanks for the link - I have been there and read the whole article very carefully but it does not provide an answer to my problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?