Remove address bar history

curlylad 10:41 21 Apr 2005

At work I use windows 2ooo O/S on my PC ,the PC is also used by the night shift guy who takes over from me.The problem is that he constantly uses the Internet to surf sites related to cars and car specifications etc.We have been told not to use the Internet other than for bona fide reasons and car specifications do not in any way relate to our work , the problem is that the nights guy blamed me when the manager happened to notice the previous search history via the drop down box.

Firstly is there a way to manually delete the history from the address search bar , and secondly is there a way of logging the times that these sites were visited as this would vindicate me ?

Thanks for all helpers !

GroupFC 10:53 21 Apr 2005

click here or click here

Paricularly notethis bit on the second one - (Note: Clearing the recent documents history from start menu properties will clear this list as well.)

curlylad 10:59 21 Apr 2005

Thanks , will give that a go this afternoon !

GroupFC 11:06 21 Apr 2005

Sorry those are for xp - just realised you are using 2000 - Doh!

Have a look at this click here

bosmere 11:10 21 Apr 2005

In IE - Tools>Internet Options>Clear History

curlylad 11:22 21 Apr 2005

Glad you spotted that 'cuz I didn't , thanks I'll try that.

bosmere - I will give that a go as well , thanks.

gudgulf 11:30 21 Apr 2005

Rather than clearing the history you could open the internet history and select any of the items that you want.Right click on it and select properties.That will display the date and most importantly,time the site was last visited and the number of times visited.Make sure you open(expand) any folders and use one of the entries in that folder otherwise you will only see the options to expand or delete the folder.

Should clear things up a bit one way or the other.

curlylad 11:42 21 Apr 2005

Cheers , that will as I wanted vindicate me , I can then remove the history/entries in the address bar.

Thanks all , I'll call this one done !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?