Removal of Microsoft Publisher Problem

Kilty 11:35 17 Dec 2009

I have had a problem with Microsoft Publisher, the program refused to open when I clicked on any of the icons/shortcuts for it. I uninstalled just pulisher from my PC and the tried to re-install it. It starts to install then I get an error message and it wont finish to install. Would it be wise to uninstall the whole office 2007 suit and reinstall? Or is there something else I can do?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

ame 18:50 17 Dec 2009

Perhaps try the free Revo Uninstaller from here click here to remove Publisher and any related remnants of registry files etc which may be causing the error on re-installation. The standard uninstaller can leave files that may be corrupted.

lotvic 19:57 17 Dec 2009

Put the Office/Publisher CD in and run it. From the menu that will appear choose Repair - or Uninstall, whichever you want to do.

fsbb 20:08 17 Dec 2009

I have Office 2000 and have experienced similar problem when re-installing Publisher. I identified Clipart cuasing the errors . In Office 2000 Clipart files are installed with Word, PP etc from disk 1. Publisher is on disk 2 and so are same Clipart files. In my case it was Clipart causing the errors because they were already installed from disk 1.

I resolved the problem by selecting Clipart NOT to install with Publisher from disk 2.

Not sure if this will help you with 2007.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017