Removable HDD caddies

Pamy 14:03 05 Jan 2003
  Pamy 14:03 05 Jan 2003

Hi,

I have been given two removable HDD caddies, that is a frame that goes into a 5.5" slot in the computer tower and the drawer containing the HDD slides into it. I would like to purchase another one or two of the same make, but cannot find any one who sells them or anyone that has one to sell(probably no longer made).

The spec. is this...

PC100 accessary product. A removable frame for a 3.5"HDD. Mobile Rack.

No other information, not even where made

Any one got one to sell?

Pamy

brianthesnail 14:11 05 Jan 2003

Have a look click here at product reference LY36P.

These caddies are so low cost, it's hardly worth the trouble of finding a match for the on you have.

Brian

siouxah1 14:18 05 Jan 2003

Pamy,

Not much more help - you might try a visit to your local computer fair.(try google search - plenty of info)

However would not have too much hope. Have had the same problem as you. As brianthesnail says it is probably quicker and cheaper to buy new. But I know what you mean.

Brian

Pamy 14:55 05 Jan 2003

Hi,

thanks both for your replies.

Had a look at Maplins bu t they would be no good as my friend had to cut away the rear of the frame where the fan is on Maplins in order to miss capacitors on my motherboard(no fan on mine).

Also to buy four would be £60 +

Pamy

special sophie 15:09 05 Jan 2003

click here Y&ou can find them here but from my experence the cons far outway the pros of using caddies

Pamy 15:39 05 Jan 2003

Hi,

Thanks for the link, they are more what I am looking for.

As explained to the others my friend had to cut the rear corner away to miss the capacitors on my motherboard, so perhaps these could be modified the same if I cant get more of the same.

Pamy

special sophie 14:44 06 Jan 2003

I hope so the only other option is a bigger case or a smaller motherboard

Sophie

Pamy 17:54 06 Jan 2003

Hi,

I will give my post a little longer, then will purchase from E Bay and hope that they can be made to fit.

Thanks very much for your answer to my enquiry.

Pamy

jazzypop 18:12 06 Jan 2003

You will find plenty if you click here - the first link has them for £19, further down the page they go for about £8.50

Pamy 19:16 06 Jan 2003

thanks for the link, but I nead them without a fan as the rear right corner of the frame has to be cut away to clear capacitors on my motherboard.
Ebuyer have somthing that I think will do me at £4.49 each including VAT.
But am very gratefull for you responce to my question.
Regards,
Pamy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017