Removable Disk Icon not in My Computer

onokeck 14:49 13 Jan 2004

When I plug my new digital camera into the USB hub (or PC USB port - I've tried both) and switch on the camera I get an icon in the lower toolbar which is for "stop USB disk" ot "unplug hardware". I do not, however get a Removable Disk icon in My Computer (nor a folder symbol). I bought a Dazzle Hi-Speed Card Reader and exactly the same thing happens when I plug this in. My system meets all the requirements and driver installation is not required as my OS in WinMe.My old camera used Smart Media cards and I transferred the images to PC via my HP PSC 950 printer. The new camera uses SD and the printer does not accomodate SD cards.The so-called tech support people are not much help. Anyone out there have any ideas/suggestions. Casey

onokeck 15:48 13 Jan 2004

After submitting the thread, I got to thinking -what have I done in the last couple of days that might have caused this. I decided to run System Restore back to last Friday (9 Jan). After the restoration I realized I had got rid of the Kodak Easy Share that I had loaded when I got the new camera (the camera wasn't even a Kodak). I wasn't too bothered though since I already had a good photo management programme (I just wanted to play around with it!). But, lo and behold when I plugged my card reader in it worked perfectly - as did my camera when I plugged it in! It seems the problem was caused by the Easy Share software. Needless to say I won't be reloading that in a hurry. Thanks for any help anyone may have been contemplating offering. Casey

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?