Remote sharing of a distant computer

281apple 17:11 27 Oct 2010

I give English lessons to people in France and Spain and I use Skype now. Someone told me that a Remote Sharing of a distant computer is more efficient. I am now on Windows 7 and am wondering which program could do the trick for me and especially one which is not too technical to understand. Any suggestions please?

FRANKMAC 17:33 27 Oct 2010

This may be of use click here

offers voice and video, as well as control over other PC's

onthelimit 17:34 27 Oct 2010

Teamviewer is great if you want to help someone remotely, but I would have thought Skype to be better for teaching. With TeamV you can see the other persons desktop and manipulate it as if it were your own.

compumac 17:42 27 Oct 2010

With TeamViewer not only can you manipulate and deomonstate on the remote computer but you can also use audio and video to communicate with recipient.

281apple 18:57 27 Oct 2010

You all recommend TeamViewer and I'm going to check it out. Thanks a lot.

281apple 19:04 27 Oct 2010

Just checked it out but looks kind of expensive for me because I give language training free of charge and Teamviewer is a bit more than I could invest. Thanks anyway.

onthelimit 19:21 27 Oct 2010

The one I use is free!

281apple 07:38 28 Oct 2010

I'll check it out again. I did not notice that it was free. I thought it was free only for a limited period (30 days?) like so many other programs. If it's free, could be good. You are right about Skype because I am now using Skype and it it is fairly good and I wanted to get something a bit better. Since TeamViewer is free, I'll download it and give it a try. Thanks again and I'll let you know one way or the other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?