Remote Assistance help

Rhuddlan 23:08 10 Aug 2004

When a friend tried connecting with my comp via remote assistance through msn messenger 6.2, it disconnected after about 30 seconds, he seems to think they is a problem on my comp, I disbaled my firewall and remote assistance is enabled in my computer>properties. Any ideas?

tonyuk72 01:59 11 Aug 2004

This is a brilliant little program that is perfect for what you need to do, it also work across multiple operating systems.

As with all thing's of this nature, they should be treated with caution and only link with those you know and trust.

tonyuk72 02:00 11 Aug 2004

click here is the url to download the software from.

end 07:56 11 Aug 2004

IS a valuable tool for assisting and being assisted by others; but, as the comment says, only use it with those whom you trust; it allows someone access to your computer; I have it here at home and we have it at work with our admin staff;my experience was that it is easy to set up , then just "sits there" until needed; extremely useful if you are afraid to change settings but can work with someone who is "computer -literate" and is "safe" for you....it only "runs" when you want it to, and cannot be "started up" remotely, as YOU have to find and enter you ISP address each time...so, safety feature built- in.....but,,,it is weird, seeing ones mouse pointer apparently "doing-its-own -thing" on the screen!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?