Remote assistance

smy13 17:13 31 Dec 2005

How does this work, I was supposed to be going down to my father in laws tomorrow to finish removing Trojans from his PC. (following advice given from the good folks on pca). click here
However seems as I'm half cut now and there's still 7 hrs to the new year I some how don't think I'll be in the best condition to drive 50 miles to his home. So the question is can I run adware and ewido from my PC if he gives me access through remote assistance, at the minute we can only start his PC in safe mode

recap 17:16 31 Dec 2005

The programs would have to be installed on his PC for you to run them remotely.

PaulB2005 17:18 31 Dec 2005

Also you would need an internet connection and you can't do that in Safe Mode.

mattyc_92 17:18 31 Dec 2005

What recap has said.... You can download them from his system while you are controlling it via Remote Assistance and install, but it MUST be installed on his system in order to be used.

PaulB2005 17:25 31 Dec 2005

Doh! Of course you can with "Safe Mode with Networking"

Using Remote Assistance to Get Help When You Need It - click here

smy13 17:28 31 Dec 2005

He has safe mode with networking and we managed to connect to the net with that last week to down load Adaware and spybot, so it looks like it's all in place to give it a go then. thanks for the advice well give it a go. I'm now of to renew my relationship with Stella !!!

Happy new year to all and thanks for all the advice and the thoroughly good read the forum as given me over the last 12 months

smy13 17:29 31 Dec 2005

great link
thanks, i'll tick as resolved

Pamy 17:30 31 Dec 2005

smy13, If you are three parts cut now I assume you will not be trying to remote control your dads computer now anyway, leave it till the New Year.

Pamy

Pamy 17:31 31 Dec 2005

even worse I see it's your father in law.

smy13 17:36 31 Dec 2005

You're right on that I wouldn't be safe working a calculator at present
Happy new year

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?