Remote access software

FRANKMAC 21:05 24 Jan 2010

Not so much a problem, just looking for advice. I was looking for and downloaded some Remote access software, basically i wanted to be able to access my daughters computer and help her with any problems. ( she lives away from home ) I found and downloaded "TeamViewer". It is absolutely brillaint, worked first time, "does exactly what it says it does on the tin". Now my only concern is, has it opened up any ports (or whatever) that could render myself or my daughter to any unwanted attacks?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mac

Technotiger 21:17 24 Jan 2010

I am pretty sure that both your PC's are secure - after all, as I understand it, Teamviewer requires that you both have individual ID's in order to be able to make contact.

Devil Fish 00:50 25 Jan 2010

as far as ports go you will be fine it connects through the same port as your web browser so you have no worries about it opening up ports you dont know about

but if you are still concerned got to sheilds up this will give you info as to wether you have any ports hanging out on the net

click here

select common port scan

Devil Fish 00:52 25 Jan 2010

ooops sorry try this link

click here

FRANKMAC 10:36 25 Jan 2010

Thanks for the replies, seems i am still secure, thats good, passed all the tests with flying colours, even better then average security.

I will go on to say again, what a fantastic program Teamviewer 5 is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017