Remote access service in W2000. Help!

krypt1c 21:18 18 Jul 2003

Trying to set up an internet connection I get an error advisin remote access service not installed, or not installed correctly. I've tried searching for info. to no avail. Can anyone help ?

krypt1c 21:21 18 Jul 2003

Should have added I'm running a stand alone pc.

recap 21:45 18 Jul 2003

click here for FAQ's on dial up.

If that doesn't help please post back with more details on how you have tried to set up your Internet account.

krypt1c 21:51 23 Jul 2003

I'd already had a look here before posting. I initially attempted to set up my connection using the utility provided by my isp [freeserve hometime]. However on launchinf it i get
connection manager could not continue because RAS (remote access service) was not installed properly you may need install and configuer RAS under network in the control panel. However I can't see anything in network to do this. I also tried using connection wizard and got
icwcon1.exe has generated an error and will be closed by windows. you will need to restart the program. a retry gives the same message

recap 20:33 26 Jul 2003

krypt1c, RAS is a Windows component and needs to be added, you will need the Operating disc to load RAS.

krypt1c 20:51 26 Jul 2003

Thanks for that. Is there any specific way of installing RAS ?. Should I just re-install W2000 ?

krypt1c 18:12 03 Aug 2003

recap. Sorted. Found further info at click here
RAS was installed, but not started.
Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?