RELOADING XP AFTER COMPLETE FORMAT

over40plus 20:47 18 Jan 2010

Could anyone help please need to format my pc will not load at all tried all i know so the best thing is to format and start again have all my original disk.

Do I need to format from system prompt and then do I need to go to BIOS to get my system to read first from CD or do i need to load a boot up disk and do it that way.

Would be grateful for any help

MAJ 20:50 18 Jan 2010

Go into the BIOS, set it to boot from the CD/DVD drive, insert your XP disk and reboot your PC. You will see a prompt to "Hit any key to boot from disk", Hit the Space Bar and follow the on-screen instructions to format the C: drive and install XP.

Why do you need to format and reinstall?

Technotiger 20:53 18 Jan 2010

If you have the original OS CD then all you need to do is restart with the CD in the drive and then make the necessary choice(s) from the given options when the CD boots up. The CD should take care of the re-formatting.

over40plus 21:00 18 Jan 2010

Thanks for you replies my grandson had a mess around and reloaded with someone elses cd which was not legite we do have the original XP with correct oem he decided when he had the nerve to tell us what he had done tried to reload the correct one and now we cannot get anywhere the only way forward that i can see is to format

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017