Reload Epson Smart Panel

wisemanstanding 19:28 09 Jul 2006

I have recently tried to re-load Epson scanner Smart Panel after a System Restore. I get the message ISM.DLL not found and the panel will not appear. I have tried re-loading the scanner application and nothing happens. Reversing System Restore does not help. Any suggestions for a next step, please?

Totally-braindead 21:02 09 Jul 2006

You never mentioned what scanner it is. try here click here and see if theres anything in the troubleshooting for your scanner.
Have you tried uninstalling before the reinstall?

wisemanstanding 07:29 10 Jul 2006

Thanks, Totally-braindead, the scanner is Epson perfection 1260 photo and works perfectly on a laptop. I've uninstalled everything as epson help website suggested and then reinstalled but it still won't work. I can find all the bits of the application in the epson file under programs, but when I try to load from there it tells me internet explorer has a problem and will shut down.

mole44 08:02 10 Jul 2006

i have the same scanner,like you it`s smart panel plaey up.what i did was uninstall the scanner software,run ccleaner,resart computer then i reinstalled the scanner software and all seems to be now o.k.

Totally-braindead 10:32 10 Jul 2006

This might help click here you must download the latest drivers click here

wisemanstanding 14:18 10 Jul 2006

A thousand thanks, Totally-braindead and Mole44 - everything now works correctly thanks to your help and advice. This is a great service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone