Reliability of Internet Sources?

Mysticnas 20:15 22 Jan 2006

Hi all,

My sister is doing a research project and has some links from websites she's using. However, she has to talk about the reliability of the sources in the reference.

Is there a guide anywhere that takes you through the procedure of finding out whether a site is reliable or not?

for example some proffesional/educational body may have some sort of guidance, "criteria for reliability" etc.

Thanks all.

SANTOS7 20:18 22 Jan 2006

click here
click here
these may help....

stalion 20:22 22 Jan 2006

The main criteria with a web site is check they have a mailable address,telephone number and that the site is secure if ordering a product.
This link may help for your question

click here

Mysticnas 20:25 22 Jan 2006

are informative sites, not retail site.

Thanks all.

VoG II 20:27 22 Jan 2006

Always a difficult question, I think, and if I am doing research other than for purely personal reasons I tend to avoid referring to articles that have not been published in peer-reviewed journals.

Where this is not possible I seach using click here and look at the results for 'preferred web sources'. There may be similar search engines for non-scientific searches.

stalion 20:30 22 Jan 2006

my link is for your question the rest is info for the benefit of all members.Some of who have been caught out on websites

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?