Reinstating an ATI backup

Abel 14:35 27 Apr 2014

Would someone please give me step by step instructions on reinstating my HD from ATI 9 full backup. Do I need to reformat my drive? Is there a disk or something I should need too?

Abel

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:49 27 Apr 2014
  1. do you have a recue disk? if so boot with the disk it will search for ATI Images

2. No disk can you start windows and ATI? if so the open ATI

3 Click on Manage and restore

1. Images will be listed - Highlight the image you want

2. Right click and select restore

3. sit back and let it get on with it

Drive will be restored to stae at time mage taken

Abel 21:39 07 May 2014

Thanks Fruit Bat! I'm sorry to have taken so long to come back, but I do have a very valid reason. I've picked up a virus somewhere, which I've posted about previously (click here and although I've resolved the laptop problem my desktop is so scrambled by the virus I'm wondering, can I wipe the dive clean reformat it and then, using the rescue disk reinstate my backup?

As you'll see from the previous post my laptop runs on Windows7 and the desktop on XP Pro. Does it matter, in case of need, if I make the rescue disk on the laptop for the desktop?

Abel

Abel 21:41 07 May 2014

The link should have read: click here

Abel 21:44 07 May 2014

The link should have read: click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:02 07 May 2014

Do you have a rescue CD to boot from or the Acrois CD/ DVD?

If not you will need to boot into acronis on your drive

When the image of the drive is restored any trace of the virus will be gone as and effectively wiped during the restore process.

Abel 12:57 09 May 2014

Yes I do have a Rescue Disk! But that too is prevented from being used by this virus. It goes through all the Acronis routine and then arrives at the screen I mentioned in my previous post i.e. ‘Profile 1’ Sorry posted the wrong link twice before, this definitely is the correct one this time see click here It's the reason I enquired about wiping the drive and starting over

Abel

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:30 09 May 2014

Do you have a XP CD?

Boot to the CD select install

select format C: partition

then stop the install .

Reboot with Acronis and restore your image.

Abel 14:20 10 May 2014

Thanks Fruit Bat, I'll have a go at your recommendation and report back.

Abel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?