Reinstalling XP + all hot fixes,

myfoot 09:04 19 Dec 2009

Have Dell OEM version of XP (year 2002) + SP3 on CD. Want to compile install CD with all the hotfixex at present on PC, to avoid having to download them all again. How do I do this. Thanks

Technotiger 09:21 19 Dec 2009

Hmm, a much better way to preserve your OS etc, is to use Acronis True Image to create Full backups, and save them onto an external USB hard drive.

myfoot 09:35 19 Dec 2009

Actually have Acronis, but I want to go back to bare XP and my Acronis has maybe 100 installed progs, pluss all the rest. Just want to a bare bones XP SPĀ£, without have to redowwnload all the hotfixes at present on PC.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:39 19 Dec 2009

You can download SP3 to save as a file from here click here but here click here seems to have most of them.

G

Terry Brown 09:40 19 Dec 2009

I assume XP is still intact on your system.
Download Autopatcher click here Put yu CD in the drive and run program.

This will use your CD and all the current updated XP files on your computer to create an ISO file (you choose the name and location).
Use a ISO burner (Like Nero) to create a new XP CD with all your XP updates on it.
Re-install like a normal install.

I use this on regular basis:
1-- to keep my XP CD Updated
2-- If MY XP CD crashes, I hhave an up to date copy.
Terry
Terry

Pamy 12:09 19 Dec 2009

Hi, Autopatcher (2007)was not available from the site Terry gave but, I have downloaded Autostreemer. I can see how to slipstreem SP3 but, how do you put all the updates on as well or, does it do that by it's self? Hope answer's help you also Myfoot.

myfoot 13:12 20 Dec 2009

@ Terry Brown, Autostreamer doesn't appear to support Dell OEM version of XP Home, won't detect it. Actually don't have SP3 on disc, but have SP2.

GaT7 13:56 20 Dec 2009

You can get AutoPatcher directly from the maker click here & click here. G

Pamy 14:16 20 Dec 2009

It seams that the latest version of Autpatcher no longer does slipstreaming. Autostreamer does not work either. Any chance of a copy of your version Terry Brown ?

Pamy

GaT7 14:28 20 Dec 2009

There are other similar tools, e.g. RyanVM Integrator click here, nLite click here & vLite click here.

I've used nLite before to good effect, but one has to download the updates separately (I use Win Update catalog click here to do this). I didn't mention it before as I thought AutoPatcher (AP) was a superior tool & does both the downloading & slipstreaming.

Perhaps you can use AP to download the updates & one of the other integrators to slipstream? G

Terry Brown 17:23 20 Dec 2009

Pamy
Send me your Eamil via the yellow box and I will forward it.

Size 1084k (zipped)

I meant to say Autostreamer, as I have both on my system (Autostreamer and Autopatcher), but the autopatcher is no longer working

Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?