reinstalling wix xp

Hetti 15:23 21 Nov 2007

after having new hard drive fitted Im having problems reinstalling win XP
When Pc boots up the screen goes to the normal screen not the screen to reinstall wu=in XP

Help

[email protected] 15:30 21 Nov 2007

Are you booting from an XP CD ?
What do you mean "Normal Screen" as presumably you don't have an operating system installed ?

Hetti 15:40 21 Nov 2007

Hi oldal 1
Yes from my original XP Cd, by normal screen I mean the PC starts up and stops on the screen that used to appear just before win xp started to load. I do not see the reinstall windows screen, I have not reinstalled win before and I may not be the best at describing the problem, but I hope you can help me

Hetti 16:27 21 Nov 2007

Im getting no indication the disk is in the drive

Pamy 16:46 21 Nov 2007

you have to start your computer with the CD already in the drive . Furthermore your bios has to have the CD drive as the first drive to boot from

Hetti 16:55 21 Nov 2007

Can anyone tell me why the win xp disc is not starting the reinstall process?????

Totally-braindead 17:13 21 Nov 2007

Pamy just did.

You need your computer to be set to boot from the CDROM as the first device and for the XP disk to be in the drive.

Do you know what we mean by that or do you not know how to make the CD the first boot device?

VoG II 17:59 21 Nov 2007

Step by step click here

Hetti 19:10 21 Nov 2007

Hi sorry it took time to get back, got the XP loaded but it has stopped doing anything at all, it is just hanging on the windows XP screen the blue progress bar is there but it stopped moving soon after the screen came on.

Hetti 19:13 21 Nov 2007

It has been like that for abt 10 mins now

Hetti 19:47 21 Nov 2007

Help please
Im stuck on black windows boot screen, nothing happening on progress bar, do i need to press something?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires