Reinstalling Windows 8 with laptop and broken screen

HåkonHolte 19:53 28 May 2015

Hey, so I have began reinstalling Windows 8 with laptop and broken screen. Anyone knows if I can boot on different monitor, or a way I can just use the keyboard to complete the reinstalling without seing anything?

Would love some help here guys!

HåkonHolte 19:54 28 May 2015

And btw, I'll tried windows+p, didnt work

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:59 28 May 2015

yes should work off external monitor or TV although may go blank for a while when loading graphics drivers.

HåkonHolte 20:09 28 May 2015

But how do I Connect it? At the moment I dont hear the pc working. When I input random stuff on the keyboard, it eventually comes adress turning the computer off.

rdave13 21:53 28 May 2015

I don't think you can do it. Win+P gives the choice on main screen same as F4 on some machines. If you've started booting from a DVD, USB then you are automatically on the default. Same as if you booted to IEFI.

rdave13 21:55 28 May 2015

I don't think you can do it. Win+P gives the choice on main screen same as F4 on some machines. If you've started booting from a DVD, USB then you are automatically on the default. Same as if you booted to UEFI.

rdave13 22:06 28 May 2015

Try the Windows key again, tap P, wait a second, keeping the Win key depressed all the time, tap P again, and wait a few seconds. Try again. It just might cycle through and process the options.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?