Reimage Repair 1.5.1.0

Snrub 17:06 15 Jan 2011

Has anyone any experience of the software?

ukpostcode 20:37 15 Jan 2011

No, but what are you trying to fix?

GaT7 20:49 15 Jan 2011

Not very good by the looks of it - 3/5 stars at Download.com click here. Same in a PCMag review click here.

It's not free, & I don't trust anything that scans your drive, then asks for a fee to fix it.

Some of the best ways to fix problems is to:

1. Re-image your drive from a known good OS image backup (if available), or

2. Recovering / restoring it to factory settings (if available), or

3. A fresh OS install (or at least an OS repair-install). You'll need your original OS disc & Product Key to hand, as well as system drivers as applicable.

Do backup though before attempting any of the above, & make sure to download Windows Updates soon after. G

Snrub 23:03 15 Jan 2011

Im trying to fix in principle everything that Event Viewer throws up as a problem, which is stacks and varied!

This software sounds an ideal cure all but I thought I would see if anyone had experience of using it?

My system seems to work perfectly apart from investigating Event Viewer which reports several errors and warnings which the on-line Microsoft Tech Net never seems to have any information on! I am seeing errors such as:-
sidebyside
i8042prt
cap12
mfehidk
distributedCOM
Kernal-Event Tracing

these events dont seem to effect computer but why does Event Viewer show them and why does the MS on-line help NEVER show solutions.

of course I can google these events but always come up with a myriad of differing/conflicting results from numerous forums.

Number six 23:49 15 Jan 2011

Ever since I installed W7, 16 months ago, My event viewer has logged a fatal (yes, fatal!!) error at every boot-up. For this entire period, my PC has run perfectly. For a while I spent many hours investigation on-line trying to diagnose and cure this non-existent fault before giving up and deciding to completely ignore all event log entries. And I completely agree with you, it is intensely annoying that you are prompted to seek on-line help from MS, but any such help is non-existent, no matter what the error message.

Snrub 00:52 16 Jan 2011

Thanks Number six, its reassuring to know others are experiencing Event Viewer problems on windows7. I used it in XP and it seemed simpler and more responsive.

Windows7 Event Viewer is more complex and less user friendly, have others found this?

wids001 08:33 16 Jan 2011

I got a new comp with W7 64bit OS a few months back. I started to look at event veiwer on a regular basis (after I had found it by accident). It scared the **** out of me. Error after error being reported for "sidebyside" plus others! I became paranoid.

Then I thought ..... The comp is working fine, so what are these "errors" affecting - No idea!

Haven't looked at the event viewer for weeks now! After seeing this I thought I'd just check - 24 errors for CAPI2 Event ID 4107 last night at 20.07! Comps still running okay though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?