Regular freezes with all-in-one mainboards.

fourjays 12:11 12 Feb 2004

I have 2 computers networked together, both using all-in-one mainboards. One is a PC Chips board, with an AMD Duron processor, 256Mb onboard RAM, Sis video and sound. The other is AMD Athlon 2500+, with no onboard RAM, GeForce 4 MMX440 graphics card, and off-board sound. Ever since I built the first computer, (I built the second about 6 weeks ago), I have suffered lock-ups when doing simple tasks, such as browsing the hard-drive, accessing the network, using office, and even using Windows Update! Are all-in-one boards not as good as they are made out to be or something? This is really very annoying. I have been putting it down to Windows XP, so I have reinstalled that a few times, but it still persists to lock-up. Any ideas?

Giggle n' Bits 13:36 12 Feb 2004

Is your cooling sound like a internal rear cooling fan, virus software and a full scan worthy.

Giggle n' Bits 13:37 12 Feb 2004

Forgot to mention it may be worth running the Manufacuters HDD Diagnostic check tool to check HDD for error.

fourjays 15:41 12 Feb 2004

Tried all of the usual test. HDD physical test, virus scan, etc... Tried everything, with no results.

gudgulf 17:13 12 Feb 2004

Have you checked in device manager to see if there are any conflicts highlighted there?

fourjays 17:44 12 Feb 2004

No conflicts, nothing. Just general poor performance and lock-ups.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?