Regseeker registry cleaner

hiwatt 12:17 07 Feb 2008

Hi folks I just gave regseeker a try.For those of yous that use it in the keys section there's entries for invalid services(experimental) and scan drives for old exe entries.Should I tick these?These boxes were unticked but when I ticked them it found some stuff.I'm just not sure if I should clean them or not?Thanks.

sunny staines 12:22 07 Feb 2008

with reg checks always keep to default settings, and only keep to recommended ones, they are a lot of bad ones out there that promise the world but are dreadful. keep to what people on the forum recommend.

try winaso or eusing free reg cleaner.

I have winaso and it's 1 of the best i have used.You can only repair 10 items at a time but you can use it as many times as you like.

cocteau48 12:37 07 Feb 2008

RegSeeker does create an automatic backup so you should be able to backpedal out of any disasters and restore everything back to pre-deletion.

Sea Urchin 12:48 07 Feb 2008

I use RegSeeker, and am quite happy with it, but I have always left it on the default settings as advised by sunny staines

Earthsea 14:14 07 Feb 2008

I've used Regseeker for yonks and always let it scan drives for old EXE entries. Never had a problem. Remember to run it at least twice to make sure it's cleaned everything.

I let it scan for invalid services once, with no ill effects, but think it's generally better to leave 'experimental' things alone.

hiwatt 15:29 07 Feb 2008

There's 10 entries(invalid paths) that when cleaned keep reapearing.Mainly old java entries and adobe.Any ideas why it detects them but wont clean them?Just curious.Thanks.

Earthsea 15:44 07 Feb 2008

Don't worry, I've got 3 on mine that never shift (Sony and two I can't remember). Don't know why but nothing to worry about.

Earthsea 16:11 07 Feb 2008

Incidentally, Auslogics Registry Defrag is worth running too. click here

It can be a bit fussy about background processes which is why EndItAll2 is useful. click here

sunny staines 16:12 07 Feb 2008

auslogics is always worth running after heavy reg repairs, i use it too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?