RegNow downloads

sunshine65 09:29 08 Dec 2008

Has anyone downloaded from RegNow and is it safe ?. I started to download from a different website and AVG picked up a Trojan , well done AVG !. Help please, thanks.

rawprawn 09:43 08 Dec 2008

Never heard of it, but McAfee Site Advisor gives it a Green Light

birdface 10:38 08 Dec 2008

A few bad download sites.You must have picked one of the bad ones.Like rawprawn says either download McAfee Site Advisor or Wot any of those 2 will give you warnings of bad sites.Saying that did AVG Link scanner not warn you.click here click here I have my Link Scanner turned off on Avg and run WOT instead, you will get a bit of a conflict if you run both.

rawprawn 10:54 08 Dec 2008

I am just trying WOT in IE, I think it offers more that Mc Afee. Nice one!

sunshine65 16:36 08 Dec 2008

Funny enough it was Avi video convertor and I had tried the trial download and was about to buy the full program, however I am going to buy Cucusoft dvd and video convertoer now. And AVG did warn me before I stareted to uprade it. Thanks for all your replies.

sunshine65 14:12 09 Dec 2008

Ooops, it wasn't AVi, it was a Youtube to Ipod download, and the virus was Trojan Horse Downlaoder.2lob.ahfy. I tried to download it again this mornibg and the same warning came up so I stopped going any further. Thanks

sunshine65 13:46 10 Dec 2008

Roxio Dvd converter program, hope it's OK.
Thanks all.

sunshine65 14:10 25 Jan 2009

Works fine with XP (old computer) but not with Vista ! new computer !. So back to square one, any advice ?. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?