Registry problems

mjw 14:14 17 Apr 2003

Hi, I have a computer running windows 98 second edition. The problem is every so often I get a message from windows saying a problem has been found in the registry so it restarts and installs a backup, the problem is every time I install a program this comes up and stops it working. I have done a through disk scan but no errors or found or any bad areas.
Any ideas? Thanks

woodchip 14:21 17 Apr 2003

It's the Program's fault, it is a badly written program. If you do not get it unless you install a program there is not much you can do about it unless they have got a patch file on the program site

mjw 14:23 17 Apr 2003

It does this even when i haven't installed a program. It won't do it for drivers for my sound card or music match

woodchip 16:03 17 Apr 2003

What are you, or have you done to triger this

woodchip 16:07 17 Apr 2003

PS as you are win98, you could put your Win98 CD in and rerun setup but you need to have AV turned of. this will not work if it's a restore disc you need the Win98 disc it will not tuch your programs or doc's. If it's a Restore disc and you rerun it will wipe your drive Doc's and all

Magik™ 16:11 17 Apr 2003

for what it is worth, have you run SFC,if that proves ok then start in dos and type in scanreg/fix and see what happens..

PeterPaul 16:50 17 Apr 2003

Have you tried RegCleaner or jv16 tools? Both are free downloads.

PeterPaul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?