Registry problem

Astrid 13:30 15 Feb 2008

I don't currently experience problems with my computer - I'm running Windows XP/SP2 - but recently, in response to some connection problems, I downloaded Registry Mechanic 7.0. The software discovered a number of problems which were repaired, but there are two, in the custom controls area, that are not repairable. Is this common to all registry cleaners, and is there any foreseeable future problem because of these problems?

sunny staines 13:34 15 Feb 2008

try winaso reg optimiser 3.2 its free, i found it fixed problems that reg mechanic could not fix.
goto winaso.com for download.

rawprawn 13:39 15 Feb 2008

Winaso reg optimiser 3.2 is not free. you can download it for free and run it, but if my memory serves me correctly it will only fix 12 problems after each scan. I bought it after it took 14 scans to fix my computer some years ago, it is an excellent program.

rawprawn 13:39 15 Feb 2008

Just looked it will fix 10 errors each scan.

mfletch 13:55 15 Feb 2008

I would not worry about the items it cannot fix,

Some Reg entries will reappear every time you restart your computer,

Zone Alarm is one of them it recreats a default mail vault/ or something like that,

mfletch

Astrid 14:11 15 Feb 2008

Thank you for these replies to my question. I downloaded Winaso and paid for it as it advised of many many more problems than the three that Registry Mechanic noted - but since when I try to use it my system crashes each time. I think I should have waited. Is the crashing because of a conflict with Registry Mechanic or is it just that it's wrong for my system? Help! This is getting more complicated than I ever imagined.

sunny staines 14:55 15 Feb 2008

it should not clash with reg mechanic, it may have made an error and deleted the wrong reg key.
i find winaso deletes the wrong hp printer registry items so i set it to ignore them. other than that it is an excellent program.

sunny staines 14:56 15 Feb 2008

forgot to mention you should be any to restore its changes then rescan and post the reg fixes it pulls out,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017