Registry problem

22715240 19:53 10 Nov 2007

I have a Celeron 2.8Ghz, Xp Home Ed SP2 machine. It appears to run ok, but when I do a scan on the registry, specifically HKey_Current & HKey_Users using 2 seperate Registry scanners (looking for registry problems) the system crashes. Also if I try to install Adobe Shockwave, or attempt to make minor changes in these two areas, the system crashes. I therefore cannot clean up the registy. Can someone help, please?

spuds 20:09 10 Nov 2007

What two registry cleaners/scanners are you using, because it sounds like you may have removed something that you should not have done!.

22715240 09:12 11 Nov 2007

Spuds,
I used System Mechanic and also Eusing but have only done scans, have not removed anything as I am unable to, because even on the scans the system crashes.
Found this problem initially because Shockwave wanted to upgrade but could not (system crash), so I attempted to uninstall the existing Shockwave, it did, but still left existing registry entries in, which I cannot do anything with now! Any help?

crosstrainer 09:18 11 Nov 2007

This: click here

Many members here use it, free, reliable, post back with results....eusing can cause issues...Suggest you remove it, and any other registry cleaners you have prior to using ccleaner.

johnnyrocker 09:26 11 Nov 2007

what about system restore to before the probs?

johnny.

noprob33 08:22 04 Dec 2008

i think you need a very good registry fix .
the free one good for standard problems but after u see it doesnt help you should think about buying one.
i am using a non free soft and i got all latest update and had no problem for the last 2 mounth and my pc run faster.
i scan my computer once a week and thats all
i think u should check it :
click here
also dont forget use anti virus
good luck

dannykj 19:03 16 Mar 2010

This <a href="click here" target="_top">article</a> regarding <a href="click here" target="_top">Registry Cleaner</a> might help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?