registry message

Astrid 08:26 22 Jul 2008

Yesterday and today on boot up my screen contained the following: "One of the files containing the system registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful. Is this message something I should act upon? Will it always, or sometimes, be there, and does this mean there's a corrupted file I need to remove or alter in some way?

jack 08:41 22 Jul 2008

As the message appears not to specify what the problem is- there is little you can do about it.
A system restore to a couple of days prior to the first appearance may resolve the issue

Technotiger 08:42 22 Jul 2008

Download and run click here this might fix the problem. A very useful utility to have anyway!

jack 09:16 22 Jul 2008

Thank you TT- installed, and passed on to my flock

Technotiger 09:30 22 Jul 2008

A long time since I heard that expression - but you are welcome. Cheers :-)

Astrid 09:31 22 Jul 2008

Now I'm mystified. Canine Gonads? Does this mean Glary Utilities is good or bad? Should I or shouldn't I? I see that I have much of what's in the utility in separate places, i.e. disc clean, registry scanner, optimizer, etc. Also, I've only two weeks ago had a Windows XP re-install. I'd download Glary if I thought it would improve my computer's performance.

User-1229748 09:36 22 Jul 2008

canine gonads means very good :-)

Astrid 09:43 22 Jul 2008

Thank you. I was imagining something with very sharp teeth chewing up my system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Game of Thrones GIFs: how Eran Mendel is creating hilarious weekly GIFs based on each episode's…

How to increase storage on iPhone

Nokia 8 : rumeurs & soirée de lancement