registry mechanic woes?

Probabilitydrive 17:33 12 Nov 2006

I just renewed (subscription) of PC Tool's Registry Mechanic.

I downloaded an up-dated Version and expected to
find (on opening) a box in which to put my "license-key number" (paid for 1 year).

Alas, on opening the programme, I still get the "subscription alert" (your subscription will end in 10 days...)and the programme shows its old license number.

I un/reinstalled, re-booted...to no avail.

Question:
Even after a complete uninstall and subsequent reinstall the subscription alert is still there.

If I want to completely remove Reg. Mechanic-what folders/files/registry entries would I have to access/remove??

Would I than be able to download a fresh install, which would give me tha option to use the license key number?

help appreciated.

iscanut 17:35 12 Nov 2006

Have you asked PC Tools what the problem is ???

Probabilitydrive 17:44 12 Nov 2006

I got in touch with them and they said they received my subscription-so, from their side the subscription has been activated.

They also send me a list of things to do (i.e. unistall/reinstall/up-date..etc..) nothing which I haven't done before, so, no joy.

My reasoning is:
if I remove everything to do with Reg. mechanic, I then would also get rid of this "subscription alert"

I then could download a fresh install (limited version), which I could turn into a full version with my (paid-for) lisence number.

Only thing is: I'v never dabbled in the registry, so I need to know exactly what to delete (if anything at all that is)

Miros 18:11 12 Nov 2006

After you un-install Registry Mechanic you could try using click here registry scrub.

VoG II 18:14 12 Nov 2006

If Registry Mechanic uses the Windows Installer (I think it does) you could use click here to remove the registry entries.

Probabilitydrive 18:16 12 Nov 2006

Thanks Miros, I carry our(infrequent) registry sweeps, of which the latest was this afternoon.

Still no joy regarding a solution for the initial issue.

Probabilitydrive 18:26 12 Nov 2006

VoG™ tha, I used the windows Uninstaller utility in the past (to remove Office 2003) and ...you might have guessed...ran into problems.

Why? Because I did'nt read through its do's and dont's carefully enough.

Took me a long time and a complete reinstall to resolve that.

Am slightly weary (burnt fingers and all that jazz..)

Will do a good reading and may use it,if no other takers have a Plan B...C...(count down to Z)

birdface 21:28 12 Nov 2006

Remove it from, Add Remove, Run C Cleaner.And then reinstall.

Probabilitydrive 22:16 13 Nov 2006

Tha, I decided I'll wait (10 more days) till the subscription ends and let you know if my dream machine exploded..;-)Thanks for the advice, I keep you updated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?