Registry Mechanic or IE7 Problem

birdface 12:37 30 Oct 2006

Hi, Downloaded and ran the Free Registry Mechanic this morning,Picked out about 100 faults, Which it sorted,Just went back into all Programs,And noticed that a few programs were missing, The most important one is Microsoft Office, Box was empty, Tried Add Remove ,No sign of it on there,Went to office updates ,Ran that , it said Office was up to date,Went back to reg/mec, Done a restore on that,And all i get is a lot of empty boxes , Where M/Office is,or was,Do I Have to do a complete reinstall with Office, Or is there anyway of getting it back, Now why I said it could be an IE7 problem. Is that,I never checked my all programs after i installed that.Any help welcome.

VoG II 12:40 30 Oct 2006

Try a System Restore back to when all was well.

anskyber 12:42 30 Oct 2006

I very much doubt it has anything to do with IE7. The fact it followed your reg mechanic routine suggests otherwise. The Office program should certainly appear in add/remove and also in all programs.

Do you have Acronis or similar to back up with? If not its a pretty good idea to get it or something like it.

For now why not do a system restore to before reg mechanic was installed.

birdface 12:47 30 Oct 2006

Ok, Will try a system Restore see what happens,

birdface 13:52 30 Oct 2006

Tried system restore,No luck,Could go back for about a week,No Difference,Do you think if i Deleted IE7 It would let me go back further,All the office folders are there ,But all empty,Is there any way of reinstalling office Without using the back up disc,As I have used it 3or 4 times before, It may not let me this time,

VoG II 13:56 30 Oct 2006

Is the problem that the folders on the Start menu are empty or are the folders in C:\program files empty as well?

Folders in Start Menu empty click here

birdface 14:18 30 Oct 2006

Get the message Microsoft has not been installed for current user, That is when i try on c drive, When I do Start Search ,All the files come up and say empty,

Technotiger 14:22 30 Oct 2006

Hi, nothing to lose in uninstalling IE7, you can always get it back later if you want. Might even 'fix' your problem - worth a try anyway.

Cheers.

birdface 16:30 30 Oct 2006

Decided Not to Delete IE7 in case I had any more problems, So have Installed Microsoft Office again,So will class this as resolved, Thanks for all who helped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone