Registry Mechanic 5.0 (FREE)

Angry Kid 21:05 14 Aug 2006

Well worth the download.

click here

Angry ;)

RobCharles1981 21:13 14 Aug 2006

Hi Whats the difference in this and the other versions are they same??

Angry Kid 21:48 14 Aug 2006

"Hi Whats the difference in this and the other versions are they same??"

Registry Mechanic 5.0

Description:
PC Tools has just released Registry Mechanic 5.0 which incorporates several improvements and enhancements:

An improved Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> Registry Mechanic's GUI is now more intuitive and consistent with other PC Tools products. On the Main Status screen, the main Action buttons progress you through scanning and repairing your Windows Registry, followed by tweaking and compacting the registry to optimize system performance. Buttons on the left allow you to display the Main Status screen, conduct a scan and repair, restore repair changes back to their original condition, and access Registry Mechanic's various Options.

The ability to compact the Windows Registry for optimized system performance -> Registry Mechanic now incorporates a registry compacting feature, which analyzes, rebuilds and compacts the Windows Registry by removing registry gaps and free space, and corrupt keys.

A new 'Optimize Your System' feature -> Registry Mechanic now implements a new system optimization function which, at the click of a button, applies a set of tweaks and patches directly into the Windows Registry that are designed to improve system performance.

Restore individual registry entries within a Windows Registry backup -> Registry Mechanic's automatic Windows Registry backups are now expandable, such that individual registry entries can be selectively restored to their former state.

An improved Live Update feature -> Live Update has been expanded to allow a greater range of Registry Mechanic's functionality and features to be updated through this tool.

Improved scanning algorithms -> Scanning detection enhancements and other improvements have been incorporated into Registry Mechanic's scanning algorithms, resulting in enhanced problem detection and repair.

Iknow there is version 5.2 but I have just gone to this version from v4.0.

Angry ;)

lester1 01:03 15 Aug 2006

Thanks Angry

Downloaded and installed

JYPX 01:36 15 Aug 2006

Angry Kid - Great find. One of the best posts on the PCA forums this year I would say, needs to be seen by all the forum members!

Sethhaniel 09:20 15 Aug 2006

Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) session was terminated. The connection was closed because of either a possible attempted security violation or a time out on the remote server. Reconnect to the server or check for server availability.

will keep trying ;)

RobCharles1981 11:00 15 Aug 2006

thanks anyway installed and working great

Cymro. 11:08 15 Aug 2006

Is it better then RegScrubXP?
Do I need it and RegScrub?
Are you a duble glassing salesman be any chance?

Shortstop 11:22 15 Aug 2006

Downloaded

bluto1 13:42 15 Aug 2006

Thanks Angry Kid, downloaded and registered.

Cymro. 14:03 15 Aug 2006

O.K.! O.K.! so you have convinced me. I am about to download it. I will get back to you to let you know how I got on. If you don`t hear from me you will know that it has crashed my system and I will be coming over to SEE you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?