Registry Mechanic

manrow 11:36 09 Mar 2008

Anyone else regularly use Registry Mechanic?

What is concerning me, is the number of files which apparently need repair?

What would happen if they were not repaired?

Does anyone who is a frequent PC user survive without one of these devices, and if so how?

dogbreath1 11:38 09 Mar 2008

It's fine. But then, Eusing is as good but free. click here

big bloke66 12:23 09 Mar 2008

I have been using it for about 4 years now with no probs.As for the number of files that need repair, i just let it repair them, as it makes a back up of your registry so you can restore it if it goes pear shaped.
Ithink im correct in saying that the registry cleaner does what it says on the tin.
It cleans out all the old unused file paths left over from deleted programes and downloads etc. Which left for a considerable time may cause crashes and system slow down.
better explained here.click here
However i also recomend this.click here and its free.

MAT ALAN 12:25 09 Mar 2008

I'm with big bloke66, just let it do what it does best, i repair all it finds and have never had a problem (3 years)....

johndrew 12:33 09 Mar 2008

I have Registry Mechanic and use it infrequently as I prefer Ccleaner. If you use your PC online, even for a short period, with updates, cookies and the various other bits and pieces you will find the list of `repair` items is quite long. Pretty much all of what you see are not true `repairs` but items that can be removed to save the PC filling up with rubbish.

You can `survive` without a cleaner, but if you use Firefox you may find that eventually some pages wont display correctly because of the amount of rubbish collected. Cleaning also helps things work a bit quicker and saves Windows becoming more bloated than it needs to.

sunny staines 16:43 09 Mar 2008

i use latest free ver RM6 never had any errors with it, also use eusing.

JasonZBell 04:47 01 May 2008

I stay away from Registry Mechanic. I have either used CCleaner or RegCure. RegCure was slightly better and can be found at click here

golfpro 07:21 01 May 2008

Registry Mechanic, I've been using it on my PC (XP) for about three years, and on my lap top (Vista) for three months No problems.

JasonZBell 19:31 05 May 2008

I have been using a product called RegCure for the past 3 months and it has worked out great for me. I bought the product here: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?