Registry items removed

Curio 19:52 25 Jan 2007

click here. Are the upper and lower filters removed essential? Reason being System Restore failed and I cannot restore. Am I looking at a Windows Repair?

Curio 09:58 26 Jan 2007

^

Curio 16:10 26 Jan 2007

^

Curio 19:33 26 Jan 2007

Third time lucky??

VoG II 20:12 26 Jan 2007

What exactly are you asking?

Curio 21:55 26 Jan 2007

Re posting in above by Postie 24. I carried out the Registry amendment by Deleting the uppper and lower filters. What I am trying to find out is whether there is a way to reinstall those two items, or if they are not essential and I have no need to worry about them. Will a new Burner work OK without them?

Kingfisher 10:06 27 Jan 2007

Hi Curio,
you do not have to worry about the upper and lower filters, if you get any messages saying cant find optical drive just delete drive in device manager and reboot, xp will find it, same applies to your burning software,if it doesn't recognise new drive then reinstall software, it will work

good luck

skidzy 10:22 27 Jan 2007

Curio...you need not worry about the upper and lower filters if removed to dvd /cd problems.

However if you are worried,reinstalling your burning software ie Nero/Roxio/CD Creator etc may reinstall the filters.From experience these are not needed.

Curio 12:50 27 Jan 2007

Very many thanks for that info Kingfisher and Skidzy.WXP Repair off the list of 'things I might have to do' :>)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?