Registry Cleaners

rosie 10:21 14 Nov 2006

I've heard so much about registry cleaners and the necessity for one when a computer is over six months old, and so I tried Registry First Aid, which has received many awards. However, after downloading and requesting a first scan my computer went to the blue screen and reported a serious error. I tried again, hoping it was just a glitch and the same thing happened, so I uninstalled the software and now am back to normal. Should I forget the idea of a Registry Cleaner or should I try another?

VoG II 10:24 14 Nov 2006

RegscrubXP click here

Click RegscrubXP finds problems

Let it scan

Click Select All

Click Fix Selected

Job done!

birdface 10:28 14 Nov 2006

C Cleaner is used by most,And is free, Can be downloaded here,click here

jbaker65 10:36 14 Nov 2006

Also 'Easycleaner' from Toniarts is very good, free and reliable.

carper 10:46 14 Nov 2006

Hi, I use registry Mechanic which I think I got free from another magazine. This certainly cleans and repairs a lot of rubbish and generally speeds up things. I also use Ccleaner after every session, and it is surprising how much it can clear from temporary files. regards Carper

brigtoo 11:55 14 Nov 2006

I have just installed easy cleaner to give it a try. I scanned the registry with reg scrub- zero results
reg seeker- 2 found
easy cleaner- 46 found along with a multitude of duplicate files. I,m not sure if it is safe to delete any of the registry or the supposed duplicates. Any long term users of easy cleaner with advice.

Technotiger 13:38 14 Nov 2006

Hi, my personal choice is RegScrub, same as VoG.
I use it regularly, along with AVG and Ad-Aware, with Kerio firewall completeing my security setup. Had only two nasties in over six years - and those were in the very early days.

Cheers

mustardcharlie 14:32 14 Nov 2006

I've used RegCleaner for years and I've never had to use its backup facility yet. It's free and can be downloaded from several freebie sites but there are some others which are not so good (or safe!) with very similar names. I've got the latest Fix-It Utilities which has a very thorough registry cleaner and editor in it but it's slower and costs.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:27 14 Nov 2006

Never had a problem with RegscrubXP,
CCleaner seems to find everything again after it has supposed to have fixed the problems.
Take VoG's advice.

Cesar 08:41 17 Nov 2006

^

realist 14:27 20 Nov 2006

I tried RegscrubXP and it stopped my flash player working, had to do a restore to rectify....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?