Registry Backup and edit.

Sparkly 07:18 18 Jun 2007

Morning all could someone advise me on making a backup of the registry there are a couple of items that are listed in the Services list one being Acronis Schedular and the other Protexis both of which i no longer use and have been uninstalled from the pc for a while now. I have found them in the registry and would like to know if highlighted is it as simple as just clicking delete. I now use GoBack but would like the knowhow of deleting a registry entry safely and allso making a backup of the registry and best place to save the backup.
Thanks.

rawprawn 07:42 18 Jun 2007

Regedit/File/Export/Save to back it up. If I were you I would leave the registry well alone unless you know what you are doing, just use a good well tried reg cleaner such as CCleaner
click here

€dstowe 07:48 18 Jun 2007

Are the two entries causing you problems?

If they aren't I would suggest you leave well alone. You won't gain anything noticeable in performance or anything like that by their removal and there is a great danger of upsetting other things on you machine.

Sparkly 09:02 18 Jun 2007

Hi rawprawn and thanks allso €dstowe i think given the advise from you both i will go ahead with CCleaner. Many thanks to you both for your help and advise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?