Registry?

night 08:56 12 Sep 2003

I have a program which I cant remove and I believe is causing problems trying install a newer version, and although I try to delete, it will not in the conventional way and I am denied.
But if I go to registry and remove the said program etc will this solve my problem as the registry is not a thing one plays around with.And I guess should it cause problems one can go to restore to correct any error.?

-pops- 09:07 12 Sep 2003

If we can be privy to what the program is, someone may have a method of removal without registry editing.

MAJ 09:14 12 Sep 2003

While it could be an entry in the registry that is causing the problem, Tiger, removing files from the registry will not remove all the program's files and it could be one of these that is causing the conflict. You don't say what the program is, maybe it's a known problem with that particular program. If we knew the program, it might help in a search for a cure. In the meantime you could try using Regcleaner click here to remove the program, I have had great success with it in the past, go to the "Uninstall" tab, tick the program's entry and choose uninstall. Or maybe it can't be removed because some of it's files are in use. Use Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete) to end the task if it's running. Or try deleting the program from Safe Mode.

MAJ 09:15 12 Sep 2003

Sorry -pops-, I'm a slow typer.

-pops- 09:18 12 Sep 2003

No need for apologies MAJ. Your post was much more explicit than mine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone