Registering Windows Problem

osben 11:16 02 Mar 2008

Hi
I have been using a genuine version of MS Office XP Pro for some while on my computer. I have just changed computers and loaded the software onto the new machine.

When it comes to register the software again, I get a message come up that I am trying to use the software on more than one machine and it refuses to allow me to register.

I can't believe that there is not a way to change from one computer to another without this problem. I am still only using it on one computer as the old one is now not used.

Can anyone help solve the situation.

Regards

Pamy 12:08 02 Mar 2008

It may be a genuine version, but is it the retail version?

If not thats why not

Pamy 12:11 02 Mar 2008

PS. you may have to contact Microsoft by phone

Fingees 13:24 02 Mar 2008

contact Microsoft by phone, and they will sort you out.

osben 13:26 02 Mar 2008

Hi

Pamy, It is a genuine retail version of the product and I have tried the route of telephoning to register. As you probably know this is an automated service and will not let me register.

crosstrainer 13:30 02 Mar 2008

An option exists to speak to an operator...Take this path and they should sort you out. As long as the other pc has no Office installed on it. You say it's not used, but if the siftware remains, and it's still on the internet, you may have problems.

Pamy 13:30 02 Mar 2008

Not heard of a problem like this with a genuine retail product, but I think Microsoft has to be your way forward. I believe you can get an operator, others will know I am sure

osben 15:22 02 Mar 2008

Hi

I've sorted it. Managed to get through to someone on the second attempt. She re activated it for me. Must have been a glitch in the system somewhere.

Thanks for everybody's help.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?