Registering Web Addresses

darkjedimistress 12:31 19 Mar 2003

Hi there. Probably a simple answer but at the present time I hold a certain click here but it expired on 14th March'03 and I currently hold it with a company called click here who are asking £24 a year for renewal which I think is steep as I use the forwarding functions only. I have seen other providers offering similar addresses for about £20 for 2 year terms and I want to take up their offer and move the domain name.

Now on the Amen website I can change the ISP Tag of my domain name but do I need to contact the company I wish to use to get their details first? I don't want to lose the website addy but wasn't sure on the correct procedure to follow. Can anyone advise on the simplist way to do this and maybe a good place to move the webaddy to?

Thanks

cherria 12:40 19 Mar 2003

Cantact the domain name registrar you want to transfer to and ask them how to transfer to them. They may have a service to manage the whole process themselves. I doubt that filling in th eISP sectio nis what you do as you do not have an ISP, just a domain name registrar who offers forwarding services.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?