regcure reg/optimisor conflict

greyballs 19:35 05 Jun 2008

i have reg/optimisor installed and in a quest to repair my dvd-rw drive(e)i have just downloaded regcure but on running a scan with the latter i have a conflicting result ie no errors from reg/opt but from regcure 199 filepath references,and 98 prog/shortcut errors.so is it safe to run and clean both progs independently,or am i looking for conflict ?

brundle 19:54 05 Jun 2008

Registry cleaners....there are few posts on here saying that one of the multitude available fixed a problem, but plenty of people asking which one to use.
Stick with the mild one from CCleaner.

MAT ALAN 20:43 05 Jun 2008

click here

Go with one that really works, but i don't see what it can do to repair your optical device...

greyballs 21:28 05 Jun 2008

hi brundle yep got that n all but i am assuming another conflict of opinion via results i just wonder why one says no probs but another says i have lots is it wise to run both or will i just confuse the machine (and me)cheers

MAT ALAN 22:08 05 Jun 2008

Run the one that fixes the problems (thats what they do) uninstall the one that searches and finds Nothing...

greyballs 22:26 05 Jun 2008

hi mat yeah i was hoping for a repair prog sometime ago i ran a cleaner ashampo the prog told me to check all was working before i deleted anything the list was endless not thinking to check the dvd (e)so although i can play a disc i have to go through my computer manually, if i want to burn i get the message to insert blank disk (although one is in)and will not recognise this. so me thinks something is missing. i was hoping for a prog to find and reinstate whatever is missing i will get the hang of it (a bit like learning russian on a dessert island)any ideas mat cheers

MAT ALAN 22:48 05 Jun 2008

Nothing missing from the driver point of view, optical drives depend on generic drivers from your O/S.
You could try uninstalling the drive reboot and let your system reinstall it..

or uninstall/reinstall the prog you use to burn discs with...

click here

the link will solve the manual play issue...

greyballs 10:29 06 Jun 2008

hi mat i ran your link.unfortunatly 'auto setting can not be fixed,device malfunction wizard can not determine problem'.
uninstall my machine came pre loaded so i have no disc,if i uninstall using device manager (for advanced users) will i be able to reinstall ?

birdface 10:49 06 Jun 2008

Some not so happy with Regcure.click here

birdface 10:57 06 Jun 2008

click here Trial version.better than C Cleaner.

greyballs 14:54 06 Jun 2008

yeah read that cheers. it's gone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone