RegCure good or Bad.

birdface 17:09 09 May 2008

Just recently we have had a few members on here trying to push RegCure .What I have read about it is not very encouraging.click here Just wondering if it is being pushed on Absolute beginners hoping that someone that does not know any different might purchace it.Anyone else with the same opinion.I personally will only download something that is highly recommended and then google it just to make sure.

J B 17:21 09 May 2008

I'm with you on this one, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. I made the mistake of buying a professional version of a well known registry cleaner thinking that it would help speed up my XP machine. It didn't, just caused me a lot of headaches. I only use Ccleaner but not the issue section. Both my XP and Vista notebooks run sweet as a nut without cleaning the registry. J.B.

birdface 17:22 09 May 2008

click here another.Maybe I am being a bit paranoid.So maybe better having a look at who does like it.Is there anyone on here that use's it and like's it.

birdface 17:30 09 May 2008

Hi.Under a recommendation from skidzy I downloaded and run Winaso Optimizer free it only repairs 10 items at a time but you can use it as often as you like.comes with a registry defrag that you can use and does an automatic back up which I have never had to use.Either that or C Cleaner which also comes reccomended.Both free.

Totally-braindead 18:58 09 May 2008

A few members? I must have missed the others, I did report one to the FE and he took care of it so I suppose he is now gone.
I had a look about the web too and like you I thought it was a bit iffy and wouldn't use it.
I'm a Ccleaner fan and have used it for maybe 2 years and never had a problem with it.
And its free of course.

anskyber 19:08 09 May 2008

Probably the same one I had in mind, usually encouraging the paid for version too.

Prior to the carpet bombing of any thread (sometimes a year or more old) by the said individual I had only read of problems with Reg Cure particularly with Vista.

Informed1 22:18 09 May 2008

I too am a CCleaner fan. Used RegCure with success in the past, but for the most part, CCleaner does everything that RegCure does, without the cost.

birdface 10:46 10 May 2008

That member that was reported last month has come back I think using another username .This one has also been reported but a hard job trying to stop them when they can just change their username and sign in again.It is new members when using Absolute Beginners that get conned into downloading and paying for something.When they can get other good programs free.Another good free Registry Cleaner is Eusing recommended bye a few members on here.Remember if you are not sure what to download always Google it first and look for good reports or bad ones that can make your mind up for you.

sunny staines 11:43 10 May 2008

tried it once due to good write up on its web site, but caused me to reinstall a lot of programs cannot not understand why so many people are posting it as it is not free and quite a few good free ones to choose from.
the only good pay for reg checker in my opinion is reg mechanic 6 [not tried ver 7]

rdave13 20:42 10 May 2008

Funny things these reg. cleaner programs. Bought Registry Fix years ago for 40 squids. Worked well and no problems. Spybot s&d didn't like it then and so researched the program and it had poor write-ups to say the least.
I still use it today on my Vista laptop with no problems. Keeps the machine running well.
Possibly the updates over the years and the programmers knowledge have improved and spybot no longer warns of this tool. Have read that some people actually like Reg Cure and it works for them.

birdface 09:27 11 May 2008

Yes a bit like Norton you either love it or hate it.But that would be enough for me not to use it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?